SharePoint list bulk insert takes longer time to finish List workflow on all items

• 29 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +7

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a larger number of items to the SharePoint list at a time using datasheet view. Have a Nintex workflow on this list which is set to run for new items. When I bulk insert items of count around 1200-1300 items at a time from datasheet view, noticed the workflow column on List view shows as Starting. And it took more than 3 hours to complete the workflow on all these 1300 items.

Is it a normal behavior of Nintex when being triggered for a larger amount of items at a time? Or anything wrong with my workflow/ config setup?

Workflow actions are: Check for the matching item on other List using a particular list column. If a matching item is found on List B, workflow updates that item. Otherwise, the workflow creates a new item in List B.

When the workflow is running for 5-10 items at a time, I see the workflow is not taking much time. Noticed the delay when bulk inserted 1000+ items at a time.

1 reply

Badge +8

Hi,

canĀ“t confirm this from a technical side, but for us when running workflows on 1000+ list items, it also takes a long time for all of them to finish.