Copy to sharepoint - not in Site Workflows

• 18 January 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

The "Copy to SharePoint" action is enabled on our sites & site collections. It shows up in Nintex editor for document libraries, but when creating a Site Workflow, the action doesn't show up in the list. Is this an oversight or intentional?

TIA,

Gerard

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Gerard - this is intended.  If you look at the configuration, there is no way to specify the URL to the item that you wish to copy.  It assumes that you want to copy the current item in a document library.  I'm no sure why this limitation would exist, but it is confirmed in the documentation/help:

This action allows the workflow to copy items from the current library to another library within SharePoint.  When the workflow is running on document libraries, the item that the workflow is running on will be copied. In a list, any attachments on the list item that the workflow is running on will be copied.

Badge +5

Tom, I suspected that at first. However, if you notice the Copy Item action differs between the type of workflow. When used on a list it assumes current item and lets you specify destination.

Library workflow

168075_pastedImage_0.png

Site workflow

168076_pastedImage_1.png

In a site workflow it changes and lets you specify the parameters for identifying the source item to copy. It seems reasonable to expect the same capability with the Copy to SharePoint action.

Gerard

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I agree, it certainly seems reasonable, as you said.  I don't understand why the Copy to SharePoint doesn't exist in site workflows.  My point was simply that based on the documentation, it doesn't seem like this was an oversight by Nintex.  It seems intentional (for whatever reason).  You could post this as a feature request on Customer Feedback for Nintex.