Solved

SharePoint Subscription Edition Support

• 17 November 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge +5

We need to setups a Proof of Concept with Nintex WorkflowsForms on SharePoint Subscription Edition(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/what-s-new/new-and-improved-features-in-sharepoint-server-subscription-edition).

I cannot find the Nintex version for SharePoint Subscription Edition. The supported edition as of now are 

20685iD39629F276F406B8.png

When is Nintex planning to support SharePoint Subscription Edition officially?

icon

Best answer by zoeclelland 7 January 2022, 21:52

View original

15 replies

I am also interested to know the same.

Following

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@MillaZ do you have any insight for this question, or know anyone who could chime in that does?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @MegaJerk 

Let me see if I can find the right person to answer this! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi there, I've been told:

"We are holding on supporting SPSE for now, still measuring demand as there's nothing new in this version and most of our customers are still back on 2013 with no plans to move. We will reevaluate again early next calendar year."

Badge +5

Hey @MillaZ 

Thank you for your answer. Can you please confirm if 2019 version works as expected with SharePoint SE.

I also need to know if there just won't be any support for SE at all? Awaiting your response. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi there, the 2019 version of the product is not compatible with the new SharePoint Subscription Edition (SPSE). For Nintex Workflow and Forms to support SPSE, we would need to develop and release entirely new builds for the SPSE.

As @MillaZ mentioned, we're currently measuring demand and will reevaluate again in the new calendar year - 2022.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm happy to share that Nintex will be supporting SharePoint Subscription Edition (SPSE) and that support is likely to be available towards the end of this calendar year, 2022. We'll update roadmaps with more specific timing as we have it. 

Hi,

Do you have any roadmaps available yet? I am in the process of building my production and test SharePoint SE farms and would love to be able to tell my workflow customers that we can migrate their workflows instead of having to wait or abandon them.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@paul_engerman The plan was to release our support for SPSE end of CY22 / early CY23. We are currently working through the details and finalizing a few items on our side. We will update this post to provide more certainty on timing at the latest by mid-September.

Hi there, one of our customers want to migrate from SP2013 to SPSE. Currently he is asking if he should wait for the Nintex SPSE versions and if yes, how long he should wait. What can I tell this customer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

It would be beneficial for customers to wait and plan for migrations in first half of 2023, as we are on track to provide SPSE support in Q1 of 2023.

May I kindly ask two questions?

- when can we expect a beta to start testing?

- is it already based on Workflow Manager, as SP2010 Workflows are deprecated?

Kind regards,

Hans

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Hans,

There is no plans to make a beta available, we will look to release for everyone when it is ready.

It will still be using the SharePoint 2010 workflow engine, while it is deprecated this means there is no longer active development and it will still be supported until July 2026(https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/what-s-new/what-s-deprecated-or-removed-from-sharepoint-server-subscription-edition). We will evaluate the future options in advance of end of support.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Leigh

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Please also refer to this News post for more information and regular updates.