Trying to export SharePoint 2016 list into Csv

• 27 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I'm trying to take a simple SharePoint 2016 on-prem list and have all the items, using Nintext WF, in a Csv. I'm not a newbie, but not advanced in Nintex WFs.

I already have a string238i964814B64E1460AE.jpg

A query list: 239i9D1AE275E7562792.jpg

A forEach action that I don't know how to config yet:  240i77C20B9141BA7D6F.jpg

Finally, a send notif: 241i52991AA415F568A0.jpg

what am I missing? I'm stuck on config forEach and know I need a var to represent all items in SP list.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you want to export all the items, wouldn't it be easier to use SP's OOTB 'Export to excel' button from ribbon?

242i50A66F056D1A568F.jpg

if you still want to learn how to do CSVC export from workflow, have a look on Vadim's blog

http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-list-to-csv-uda.aspx

Badge +1

I know how to export a SP list on the ribbon, but my supervisor wants a Nintex WF to do it autonomously. I'm just stuck config a forEach action, but there could be other methods of achieving this.

I already tried this http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-list-to-csv-uda.aspx but it does not do what my boss wants. He wants the Csv packaged in an email, not the Csv populated in the SP list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

UDA itself returns CSV formatted string, so you can take it and as a mail attachement or process whatever way you need.

saving csv file to a library is just a matter of test workflow that uses/presents the UDA functionality.

Badge +12

I've tried to use that UDA but it's giving me an error message. I've even tried to put into an action set to run as the account which I use to call web service but it's still giving me 401 error message. Also, UDA is not giving any option to choose which account I want to use to call web service.

Also, I'm using this UDA in a site workflow.

Am I doing anything wrong here !!!!