Can I create more than one forms for a SharePoint list?

• 5 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a list with multiple fields. I would like to create two forms for a SharePoint list.

For example, form A will be assigned to person C. After being approved, some of the information in form A will be linked to form B. Form B will be assigned to person D. The information which is inputted by person D will be connected to the same SharePoint list but it will not updated the information which is inputted in form A.

Is it possible to accomplish this?

Thank you.

9 replies

Badge +7

Yes, You can..   Add Content-types to the list and add form for that Content-types 

ex :- if you have a list with 3 content types, you can add 3 forms to the list

Badge +4

You have to add some rules to your form that disable/hide fields based on formula

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is very correct. You need to go to "Advanced settings" of your list and then turn on content types option.

Then you are able to add many content types for your list. Once you start Nintex Forms then, you are prompted with a question, for which contet-type you would like to create a form.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies. It is extremely helpful. I will do some testing about this. I will post the result after.

Thank you,

Quan

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

A more elaborate alternative would be to use a Nintex Workflow with a Nintex Form start form where you can enter the data for user A and use the regular Nnitex Form on the default content type. To start the workflow you could hook it up to a ribbon button or from a HTML button with some JavaScript to launch the workflow.....

Badge +1

Thanks Ranjit. That helped me too. happy.png 

Badge +7

Glad to hear Sandeepcool.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please mark the most helpful answer as correct to close the topic and so that the other users will know that they can find a working solution here.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

I added 3 different Content Types to my list and I am able to make another form, but the form doesn't seem to reflect the fields from my list. I see a couple of them, but I wanted a continuation of the process I'm trying to accomplish. 

Form A is sent to Team 1-- Team 1 fills-in certain information. Then Workflow sends a notification to Team 2 for additional information. They open Form 2 and fill-in the rest of the information until completed. I think this is the same scenario as Quan's original post.  Do the different content types determine what fields show in the form?