How can i extract the XML from a Nintex Form entry using Nintex Workflow

• 13 July 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am trying to create valid XML markup from a Nintex Form. I have several repeating tables within the form. So far i've haven't been successful. Here's what i've found, maybe i'm doing something wrong:

- repeating table markup can be grabbed from a field when assigned to that field but it shows up with " < > etc. I'd like it to be valid code

- when using this URL:

https://sbxportaldev.altalink.ca/sites/dbm/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&List={207DA2C0-19D7-4590-B6A1-158210A8B6F2}&XMLDATA=TRUE

All i get are the fields in my form and no actual values (not sure how i would filter the URL to display a specific item and its values)

- I'm guessing i need to use Query XML or a Web Service Call of some kind but so far nothing has worked

- I tried assigning the Form Data value to a column but it dodn't look like XML.

Any ideas? I need it in XML because i'd like to input it into another application we can't integrate directly with yet.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

quite unclear what exactly you would like to do...

could you post some example?

if you just need to get repeating section content (XML), the way you described in first paragraph is correct. you just need to pass it through XmlDecode() function to get readable XML