We are creating Nintex Forms and Workflows on an Intranet running SharePoint 2013 platform.
Recently; we have the requirement to use the DocGen action provided by Nintex Live.
Nintex Live was not added in the original installation.
Below is the sequence of steps we did:
1) Re ran the Workflow Installer file(ticking the option to install Nintex Live this time)
2) Can See 'Nintex Live Management' from CA
3) Understood there are connection problems from Health check
4) Saw that 'Nintex Live Relay Service' requires access to below URLs for both Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms:
e) https://cm.nintex.com(to connect to Connection Manager)
f) https://run.nintex.io(toconnect to the Start Workflow API for External Start)
g) https://prdswasbuwus01.servicebus.windows.net(to connect to External Start)
5) Added 'Nintex Live Relay Service' from cmd prompt "installutil" command after seeing that it is not listed in Services. It is visible now from Services page; but in Stopped state with this message:
5) Saw community resources that advise to open ports to allow the connection to succeed in Health Check.
Please help us to complete and check Nintex Live installation on the server.
We were able to solve the connection issues in Health Check.
This resolved after following the steps in blog below
Our main aim was to utilize the DocGen action. So we went ahead and enabled the features in
Nintex Workflow Management and attempted to convert a docx file in one library to a pdf in another library. This attempt was met with an error( to be expected on the first try )
It is shown as a comment because we catch exception and use the 'Log to History' action.
1) We tried creating a new template from inside the Action itself. This was just an empty .docx file and it created a blank pdf successfully.
2) Now if only it would work with content. We added some content on the same file and re ran workflow. Again; error this time.
3) In hope; we tried to use the .pptx and .xlsx templates one after the other. both WORKED
Now we have a small measure of confidence that the action works and will be trying out some more complex templates and updating here. Maybe the .docx template not working is setup related in our environment. Will check that later.