Admin Rights

• 14 February 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

When i click the workflow server and server rights in the k2 workspace i am getting K2:VMMoss01administrator does not have administrator rights. Please let me know how to set administrator privilages to the user.

Thanks in Adv,

Ravi

4 replies

Badge +7

The administrator of the K2 [blackpearl] system is the user that you setup during the install to be the blackpeal admin, this is not neccessarily the administrator account

In order to add the administrator account to have blackpearl administraion rights you need to open the K2 [blackpearl] workspace as the K2 [blackpearl] administrator and under the management console -> server rights, add the administrator account to have admin rights.

Martin

Badge +1
What if (hypothetically of course) you accidentally removed the install user as from the admin group and now you have no admins.  Is there a table in one of the databases where you could go to modify this?
Badge +6

You can re-execute the K2 blackpearl Configuration Manager to re-set the K2 administrator account (on the K2 machine: Start Menu >> K2 blackpearl >> Configuration Manager).

You can also trying to connect you with the K2 Service account. If you know is password, this account have administrative rights on K2... so connected with him on the workspace, you can add new administrator accounts.

HTH

Badge +10

If I remember correctly this information is stored in the K2Server database in the _ServerUser table.  Its pretty straight forward to modify it.  I've done it a few times myself in development environments.

Column NameDescriptionDatatypeLengthAllow NullsDefault
 User VarWChar128  
 Admin Boolean1  
 Export Boolean1  
 Impersonate Boolean1