JenelBen
Design Dabbler

Set the value of a number field based on another value

Jump to solution

I have a list where I have field1 called “number of items” and I have a field2 called “number of items to buy”. I would like to only have the user enter the number in field1 and then run a calculation where field2 updates with the value of first field multiplied by 2. 

I tried running a query to get the field1 number and store in a variable, then I set the value of field2 to be this value and then run a calculation to multiply by 2. Finally I then update the field to be the new variable. 

For some reason it keeps coming back with number 4, regardless of what I entered. 

Anyone have a sample of what this workflow should look like ? Unfortunately, I don’t have access to my work computer at the moment to show the workflow. 

Thanks ! 

Jen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eharris04
Workflow Hero

Re: Set the value of a number field based on another value

Jump to solution

@JenelBen 

Are you aware that you can use a calculation control in Nintex forms to achieve this in two steps. Simple add the single line of text control and ensure its set to integer to allow for numbers only.formsample3.JPG

Secondly, add a calculated control to the form to and the formula would be the (number field * 2). This would get the value immediately for the user upon entry. formsample2.JPG

For the workflow, you can use the math calulation to get the value and multiply by 2. Its super easy and I wouldn't recommend adding a workflow variable for that but just grabbing it straight from the list via list lookup. See image below and replace title with whatever the number field is for the user. You will store that into a variable as I did which is "newvalue", then use the update list item action to update the field2 from your list as needed. 

formsample4.JPG

Should be simple to get that done. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JenelBen
Design Dabbler

Re: Set the value of a number field based on another value

Jump to solution

@eharris04 thank you! Very simple indeed!