Set text field with status after approved button is clicked

• 28 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

Hello,

How can you push text out to a text field after an approval button is clicked? I'm really new to this and would really appreciate any assistance!

For example, once the approved button is clicked I would like to update the text field next to it to display "Approved by Jon Smith on 01/01/2022 at 1:00PM" 

4 replies

in case if the button is actually a toggle like yes or no checkbox then simply you can create a calculated field and set up a formula with basic if condition like If("checkbox"==Yes,("Approved by" + approver + "on"+ current date + current time) ," Approval date and time")

Is the button which you are describing related to flexi task approve/reject button?

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Orkhan98 

Thanks for your response! So what I'm wanting is when the approved button is clicked, it will then auto push and update the text field next to it with "Approved by: Approver on 01/01/2022 at 1:00PM". 

Is this possible?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @jpacheco 

This article may help you.

@MegaJerk explain how-to  "setting a Control's value just before the form is Saved and Submitted to SharePoint proper.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Populating-a-List-Item-Title-Upon-Save-Submit/m-p/223476#M81419

Userlevel 1
Badge +9

@Orkhan98 

I didn't see your question at the bottom, but no. It's not related to a flexi task.

The functionality I want the approve/reject button to have is to once clicked, push "Approved by: Approver on 01/01/2022 at 1:00PM" out to the text box.