Set item Permissions

• 23 September 2021
  • 8 replies

I have a workflow that I was using successfully for months already, on our support calls being set to completed status it removed peoples rights (other than the IT Department) to go back in and contribute 

However in the last two weeks or so this just stopped working 

8 replies

@TracyVally do you have a screenshot of the specific error?

I see you attached the Workflow History and Workflow Status screens, but the error that is shown in Red on the "Workflow shows as running" screenshot is not shown. This error should provide more insight as to what is occuring.

Also, could you provide a screen of the config on your set item permissions action?

Hi 

From the workflow history (all steps shown in green when I click on the "error field" in red to show the details all I get is

Not sure if there is anywhere else I can go to check the error history but following the steps via the workflow it only says this, the part I dont understand is all the steps are green as if they have run 

Hey @TracyVally,

Can you export your workflow and attach here?

If not, can you provide the screenshots on the configurations in your action items?

Please see attached workflow this worked perfectly for 6 months and then even though nothing changed on the list or the workflow it just stopped working

@TracyVally 

I was able to test the workflow, and it seems to have worked correctly.

Couple of things to note,

• I used user objects within my environment since I couldn't use the ones you provided.

• I set the item update to equal a status of my choosing, and it was successful once that status was set.

• This was tested with the On-Premise version of Nintex.

I would look at the user objects and verify that these are actual user objects within your SharePoint environment. It is possible you are getting an errror directly related to the assignment of permissions to that user object.

I would also check to make sure the Workflow Settings do not have "Manage List Rights" checked.

Are you a Site Collection Administrator on the Site Collection where you are running this workflow?

Essentially, you are wiping out existing list permissions, and then assigning yourself as Full Control to that item.

I believe that when you remove yourself from Full Control, unless you are a Site Collection Admin, it won't give you access to that item, as you essentially removed yourself from the permissions list (Site Collection Admin would override this. (I could be wrong)

• You may want to test this scenario just to be sure that is the culprit.

You can also check the "Set Item Permissions" action settings from within the workflow.

Just click on the "Common" tab at the top when inside the action settings. Check the, "Run as workflow owner" option if the above suggestions don't work. 

Hi 
I am full Administrator on our SharePoint environment, this worked for months with nothing that we changed on the workflow or list, and then just stopped working

Tried running as Run workflow owner option it made no difference

I am going to try run a set field based on status and see if that does not assist as all other settings are correct otherwise I will get in touch with our Account Manager, thanks for trying to assist 

Hey @TracyVally,

You are Site Collection Admin on the site collection where this is running?

Full Administrator is not a term I am familiar with.

Is it possible a user ID is not being resolved?

Are you able to take your name out and test it without setting your own permissions?

hi, I am site Collection admin for all of our sites, I have tried changing permission settings as well, the part that does not make any sense is that for months this worked with no issues