Expanding Horizontally a MultiValued Lookup Column

• 1 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

I previously asked this question but left out some key information in addition to some mis-statements.  Thus, I am trying again in an attempt to obtain an answer.

I have a field called Product Type (see attachment) which is a Multi Valued Lookup Column.  However, the right part of the text is truncated and the user can not see the text on the right.  There are up and down scroll buttons, but there are no left and right scroll buttons. 

I thought the issue could be resolved by expanding the field size, but that does not appear possible.  What is the suggestion so Horizontally more text can be seen.

In addition for this field (Product Type) the user can only see 7 records before having to scroll down.  It would be great if they could see around 15 records if possible.

Note the horizontal issue is my highest priority.  For the vertical issue if I have to live with seven records prior to scrolling then that is fine, but the horizontal issue if not resolved will force me to come with another solution as the users can't select the proper Product Type without being able to scroll to the right to see all text to the right (horizontally).

Thank you for your patience.  I feel I am getting better at asking questions and also learning !

5 replies

Badge +16

could changing the display format of the control help?

Badge +9

That works !!!!  The only thing I need to do is indicate to the user to select the Ctrl key in order to select multiple values.  What is your suggestion in order to add this Tip/Instruction for the field ?

Badge +5

I believe, the easiest way to have that tip/instruction is by adding Label below the control wink.png

Badge +16

Under advanced on the control itself you will see "Help text" - you could utilise that aswell as / instead of the label option.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi David Busch‌,

If you still prefer the Add/Remove control, you could also add some custom CSS to override the height property in the CSS class ".nf-lookup-addremove select" using the following snippet:

.nf-lookup-addremove select {

height: 250px !important;

}

Keep in mind that this will apply to all multivalue lookups on your form. If you only want one specific lookup to show more values, rename ".nf-lookup-addremove" to something else, e.g. ".nf-lookup-addremove-long" and use it (without the preceeding period) in the control's Formatting/Control CSS class setting.