Victorious
Canvas Initiate

Set a lookup value in Nintex Form to hyperlink

Hello,

The third cascaded list outputs a URL specific to the country chosen. I would like the URL to be a hyperlinked value, allowing the user to click the link to see the SharePoint webpage.

Thank you,

VM

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Set a lookup value in Nintex Form to hyperlink

@Victorious .....since you're using responsive form, JavaScript is out of the picture.

Now since this is a lookup control, it's going to display values as choice columns. Also, if you try to connect with some column then I think single line text is the only option. So, I think there is no easy way for you to achieve this.

But, let's say the lookup list has a hyperlink column and you're passing URL as well as description. In this case if you get the hypelink column from the lookup list and connect it to single line of text control on the form and connect that control to a SP column. Now you have URL, Description format in this column. Then using Nintex workflow, RegEx (split by comma and create collection), For Loop you can convert this value into collection and then using build string you can build the anchor tag and use that build string to update a Multi line text column (Rich text is must) in SP and use that on the form to display.

I haven't tested the workflow part yet but logically it should work.

0 Kudos
Victorious
Canvas Initiate

@kunalpatel Thank you for your response. I will give it a try. A great day to you.

0 Kudos
Victorious
Canvas Initiate

I was unable to move forward with the proposed solution and I am inexperienced with coding in JS. I have switched to the non-responsive Nintex Form hoping to get a quick solution without workflow.

----------------------------------------------------------

DESIRED OUTCOME: The third cascaded list outputs a URL specific to the country chosen. I would like the URL to be a hyperlinked value, allowing the user to click the link to see the SharePoint webpage.

0 Kudos