Blackpearl Core Certification Advice

Badge +1

Hi gang,

I'm new to the K2 community and had some questions on the K2 Blackpearl certification test.  I've had 2 weeks of K2 experience so far and just completed the Blackpearl training course.  I have the smartforms training course this week and I am scheduled to take my certification test at the end of this month.  I'll be the first one to ever take the test in my office and if pass it the first time I receive a niceee bonus.

Can anyone provide advice on how the test is setup and what to concentrate on while preparing for it?  Being the first one in my office to take the test, I'm pretty nervous and I'm not sure what to expect.  I figured this would be the best place to ask questions :)

Thanks a lot guys and gals!

-K2YAK

6 replies

Badge +9

Wow, I wish I got a bonus for passing it :)

I don't know how much people can help, the exams are still relatively new.

I can tell you that you should defintely read the documentation and additional resources.  A lot of the content is skimmed or discussed briefly in the course whereas the documents provide more detail that I found extremely helpful in preparing for the exam.  Even with over a year of K2 experience.  Several of the questions are general "when are common uses for this" or "what report is best for this".

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what to focus on because I found it was pretty spaced out.  I think two additional resources I wasn't tested on, the requirements gathering one and package & deploy, but it's possible I just didn't get those questions from the pool.

Best of luck!

Badge +1

Thanks Victoria!  I really appreciate it.  Do you remember how long the test was?  I just found out that it's multiple choice so that's a little relieving.

Badge +9

It's a combination of multiple choice, select all that apply, fill in the blank, and true/false.  There are 40 questions and you get an hour to write it.  I took the full hour because I read over everything very carefully and mulled over the questions I wasn't sure of.  You can "bookmark" questions to return to them later.

Badge +1

Awesome, thanks Victoria!

I talked to someone in my smartforms class last week who had taken it and they said to concentrate on the handbooks as well.  Specifically reporting and workspace administration.  Thanks for all your help!

Badge +1

Hi ,

Can you please list out a few sample questions if you can ?
That will be of great help.

Thank You

Badge +10

Hi K2YAK,

The blackpearl/smartforms exams aren't extremley difficult, especially if you've taken the time to read the training guides, as well as do the labs.  I took both after about 2-3 weeks of preperation.  There's no "tricks" persay, or other content covered aside from whats in those guides. 

Regards,

Mike