Strange behavior of Flexi tasks, all was OK but now I get sometimes 4 same tasks within item.

Badge +3

Hello 

I have now problem with this strange behavior.

Normally other flexi tasks works fine, but one is little bit strange.

I have for my variable one user DOMAINuser (variable is people and groups)

It Assigns well but sometimes twice, sometimes fourt times!!! ?

Why is created 4 times same task ... ?

I did little changes on this WF and put it to own History List. Maybe this is affected? .. 

In settings I have > First response applies and nothik other features...

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is it just a matter of task being created/assigned 4x, or 4 worklfow instances are started?

try to add a pause action at the very begining of the workflow.

Badge +3

Suprises me how all you using action WAIT FOR (before/after problematic WF action) - before we don't needed and now ? It's look like I must re-edit all our WFs UHHH !

My problem is flexi is assigned 4x. No other instances arent started.

Sometimes assigned 2x sometimes 4x for same content.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Suprises me how all you using action...

if you've seen several people recomending the same, haven't you thought of it might have had a bit of reasoning?

see eg.  https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Multiple-Emails-Sent-Out-Only-When-Triggered-From-Another/m-p/62344/highlight/true#M51493 (*)

...WAIT FOR (before/after problematic WF action)

I haven't told anything about 'wait for'. I adviced to use 'pause for..' action.

it's a bit different.

before we don't needed and now ? It's look like I must re-edit all our WFs UHHH !

it's just a matter of bad/good luck and/or coincidence and it depends on several aspects.

it's a good practice to have a 'pause for ...' action at the beginning of each workflow. but if you do not experience a problem with a workflow you need not to change it right away.

maybe they're designed the way they dehydrate soon enough after starting so that you do not need one another pause action

have you given a 'pause for.. ' action a shot at least?

if you try it and it will not help we can dig deeper into a problem.

* - the link missing in the linked post should have been this one https://community.nintex.com/nintex-blogpost/1289 

@eharris04 - could you correct that linked post? once again one of the migration issues. I'm not allowed to edit my own post there anymore.

Badge +3

OK right! This process works! Only add WAIT FOR 1 minute on each new child workflow!

Otherwise its always strange! It handn't happend before...

(Maybe Nintex last updates / my environment is up to date and in fresh condition)

OK well, so this is good idea make this feature (wait for) inside in the code of each new created WF ;)