K2.net Escalation Redirect Issues

• 31 August 2005
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
The K2.net Escalation Redirect Component was recently released and it seems to be a great add on, but...

I have installed the K2.net Escalation Redirect Component but is does not appear as a template in the Escalation properties of any of my activities.
The installation documentation does not specify if this feature needs to be installed on the K2Server or the workstation where you have K2Studio installed. Anyhow, I have installed on both but is still does not show in the list.
Things I tried to troubleshoot this:
1.Made sure that I have K2SP2a installed on the Server
2.Made sure that I have K2 Studio SP2a on my workstation
3.Rebooted both the server and the workstation.

The question is if I am missing something or if not what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

6 replies

Badge +9
Hi D,

You only have to run the installation on developer machines running K2.net Studio SP2a, the installation will register the new escalation template for you.

Firstly let s have a look at the following:

1. Right click any Activity in K2.net Studio and select the Escalation option from the menu. Do you have a Redirect escalation in the list?

If Yes , follow the steps in the Redirect Escalation doc downloadable with the components from http://portal.k2workflow.com

If No , follow the steps below to manually register the Redirect Escalation in K2.net Studio.

1. In K2.net Studio click on the Tools menu and select Templates.
2. Select the Escalation template in the list on the left hand side of the dialog, click on the Add button to add a new Escalation Template. Complete the information about the template as illustrated below:

Name = Redirect
Group = Main
Assembly = K2Escalations.dll (note: this assembly can be located in the K2.net Bin directory provided that the installation was completed successfully on the machine)
Type = SourceCode.K2StudioTemplates.RedirectEscalation

3. Click on the OK button to save and close the dialog.
4. In K2.net Studio, click on Tools and select Property Templates.
5. Select the Escalation Rule in the list on the left hand side of the dialog, click on the Add button to add a new Escalation Rule. Complete the information about the template as illustrated below:

Name = Redirect
Assembly = K2Escalations.dll (note: this assembly can be located in the K2.net Bin directory provided that the installation was completed successfully on the machine)
Type = SourceCode.K2StudioPropertyTemplates.EscalationRule2

6. Click on the OK button to save and close the dialog.
7. Right click any Activity in K2.net Studio and select the Escalation option from the menu. Do you have a Redirect escalation in the list?
Badge +1
Hello Rénier,

I have followed the instructions that you sent and manually registered the Redirect Escalation in K2.net Studio. It is working as expected now.

Thanks!

I had a quick question, is it usual that you have to go the manual process?
I have installed the component on more than 5 computer and it did not register properly on any of them.
Do you think there is going to be Hot Fix for this?

Best Regards,

Daniel Gocsman
Badge +9
Hi D,

Not normal, this is the first time that I know of where the installation failed to register the components. Can you share the following information with me to see if I can recreate this on my side?

* OS + Service Packs
* K2.net Version
* K2.net Components Installed on Dev Machine
* Basic description of the environment. E.g. Single Server Installation or Distributed installation + Server configuration of components
Badge +1
Hi Rénier,

This is the configuration for the current environment:

DEV Worstation

K2 Studio with SP2a
Component: Redirect Escalation

K2 Infrastructure:

-Distributed installation:

*Dedicated K2.net Server with K2.net SP2a installed / Windows Server2003 SP1

*Dedicated IIS server installed with the Web Services components K2.net SP2a installed / Windows Server2003 SP1

*Dedicated SQL Server 2000 w SP4 server installed with the Database components K2.net SP2a installed / Windows Server2003 SP1

Hope this helps,

Thanks!
Badge +9
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback, this is a typical K2.net environment and nothing out of the ordinary. I will investigate this to see if I can re-create this on my side. Am I correct by saying that the escalation is working 100% after you followed the steps in my previous reply?
Badge +1
Hi Rénier,

I'm back!

After the manual steps that you suggested everything works fine, I had it tested by one of the K2.net Developers.

I have also recently installed a new instance of K2.net Studio Sp2a and the installation worked as expected (I did not need to make any manual chages).
So far I was not able to identify the exact issues of why or why not was the Escallation Rule was not working but your suugestions were very helpfull.

Thanks!