how to display workflow approval information in a nintex form?

• 8 February 2015
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

how to display workflow approval information in a nintex form?  at the end of a workflow there is a trail of who approved, their approval and the date/time they did it.  During the workflow how can I display this information in a nintex form?  i have a view that displays the status of the workflow using the name of the workflow.

9 replies

Badge +6

Hi Joe,

You can include a label or text field in your form and insert the "All Approver Comments" or "All Approver Comments (HTML)" from the Common references.

This will hold all the comments as they are entered by the various Approvers.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

Hi Mark,

My Form has 8 Approvers via (Flexi Tasks).  CEO, COO, CFO...  Next to each approver I need to display their Approval Status, date/time of approval and approval comments.  What is the best way to get that information?

thx,

Joe

Badge +2

Unless there is an easy way for me to get them individually, I will go with you suggestion.  Though, not as laid out as corporate would like it does display the data...

thx,

Joe

Badge +6

Joe,

The "All Approver Comments" is like a comment history and appends the comments onto the field with each iteration through a Flexi task. See below example from a recent test of mine. It is in the format of:

[Approver] ([Form Outcome]) [DateTime start/end range of action] (Approver name)

Badge +2

So I would create a new workflow variable called

CEOStatusVar

and a new list column

CEOStatusCol

On the workflow after each set approval status I would set variable CEOStatusVar = "Approved" and then Update Item: Update current Item, CEOStatusCol equal Workflow data CEOStatusVar?

As I know what the value is going to be I do I need the variable?  I should be able to update item to the text 'Approved'.  Update Item after each Set approval status seems like a lot of work when I have 8 approvers and 3 new cols for each.

Badge +6

Joe,

It depends where you want to see the statuses, dates and approvers. If it is just in the workflow itself, then you don't necessarily need to add the columns and do the item updates. But if you need to refer to the statuses after the workflow has finished, you would need to store the info in the item for accessability.

Don't forget you could just have one column with a concatenation of the three fields if that would suffice.

Within the Flexi task you can store the outcome of the task in a variable - like below:

That way you don't need to know or hardcode the outcome - if you had five outcomes in the flexi, it would just output whatever was selected. In your case you would store outcome inn CEOStatusVar.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

Mark,

I think I will try to go with 1 form field per approver CEOStatus and concat status+name+date+comment.  Thanks for the info as I am very new to this product.

Joe

Badge +3

This no longer works? I could not see where in the form you could add the All Approve Comments.

Badge +6

Nicholas,

You need to add the All Approve Comments from the Insert Reference option on  a label or text or what ever form field you want. Its not a default form control to add, if that is what you are thinking:

Cheers,

Mark