Cascading Drop Down List - Formatting Difference

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

Nintex form 2013.

SharePoint 2013

In 'live' environment, so can't upgrade to latest version of forms (yet).

Used the following Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint technique to attempt to cascade 2 dropdown lists.

To the human eye all is correct. Yet when I add calculated value fields to my form, I see the 2 values don't actually match.

If I add a form variable i.e. replace(MyFormAutotask,"[0-9]*;#","") I can remove the 15;# .

What I can seem to figure out is how to get my ticket type drop down to reference the variable value, not the actually drop down value.

I've tried various SP calculated column  formulas, they remove the visible value text, not the hidden 15;# i.e:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

12 replies

Badge +16

Hi 

can you try using the parselookup in your expression? I can show you a screenshot later when I get online. 

Badge +16

OK to add to my explanation:

top highlight is expression: 

middle highlight is expression: 

bottom highlight is expression: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

this is a really excellent reply, Cassy Freeman‌ -- well done!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for the parselookup examples.

Yet, how can they be referenced when using a list lookup control used for cascading drop down controls?

Badge +16

if you give your calculated control a name can you use that control to filter on?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It doesn't seem like it because the control "values" underneath are actually ID number #, Title, not just the title text.

So if control 1 = Set up new user, the underlying value is 15;#Setup New User

Control 2= New Starter, the underlying value is 5;#Setup New User

15#, is different to 5#, I believe that's where the issue is.

Badge +16

can you show me the underlying lists please?

values and settings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Auto task settings:

Auto Task value

Ticket Type

Ticket Type Settings

Badge +16

OK so i have created two lists the same as yours.  I have added the controls on my form and the second dropdown is filtered by the first.

TicketType List:

AutoTask List:

Lookup settings:

Ticket Type Control:

AutoTask Control:

Form in preview:

What is different about mine and yours?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Guess, it must be my environment again...grrr.

I'll start doing some testing:

I'll build a dummy library on a different web app and see what's what.

Thanks

A

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Cassy,

Thanks for all your help, biggest issue was between the seat and keyboard (me). Turns out I had my inital lookup column on the wrong list anyway, even thougth I was convinced I was right.

Drop down lists now work as expected. Now onto the next question...

Badge +16

Ah yayyyyy! At least it is resolved and some parts of this thread will be helpful to others anyway so not a complete loss.