Is it possible to display Choice and Comment controls in email

• 31 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

In the normal process, Assignee receives mail notification to respond assigned task.  Assignee clicks the link which opens Nintex form.  Assignee selects the Outcome and gives Comment and save & submit the form.

Is it possible to display Outcome  and Comment controls in the mail itself which can be directly accessed by Assignee and no need to open Nintex form?

Cheers:)

Sunil

4 replies

Badge +8

Hi Sunil,

Notification can be constructed by yourself, so you could add what options would exist on the Nintex form on your email. To enable approval/Rejection from mail itself you could have a look at Lazy approval feature from Nintex. Using this you can approve/reject using Mail rather than going to the Task form.

LazyApproval Guide: Nintex Workflow 2013 & Nintex Workflow 2010

Regards,

Shrini

Please mark as Answered if it helps you solve your problem.

Regards,

Shrini

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sunil Tamanekar​ -

As Shrinivas Naik​ pointed to, check out Lazy Approval to enable email approval/rejection from users.

In regards to capturing comments, I know you can capture the entire email in a workflow variable, but you will need to parse it out somehow to get the content you want.

Badge +6

Thanks Srini and Jesse,

Lasy Approvals are already configured by Administrators and I tried successfully approving through email reply.

What I need is Outcome and Comment should appear in mail same like it appears in Nintex Form.  Below screen shot gives how it appear in Nintex Form and I want these actions (Labels, Choice, Comment) should appear in Task Notification email.  This will help assignee to select correct Outcome and avoid spelling mistakes.

190586_pastedImage_1.png

If you guide how to achieve this it will be great help for me.  

Thanks

Sunil

Badge +8

Hi Sunil,

Not sure if you can recreate the exact task form on the email notification. I believe the email notification is Rich text, so you can probably recreate (or at the least close enough) to what you need in the notification email. 

I haven't tried this, but as Lazy approval works on the email response, you could probably create some <a> tags and have a custom response set in the email. The approver will then need to click send though

Further your workflow can use the approver comments fields to basically extract the content (using regex etc) mainly comments stuff to use any approver comments further in your workflow

Regards,

Shrini