Request views and workflows

• 14 October 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hello,

Currently trying to build  a request and approval setup. At the moment I have 2 views and a form.

View 1: Request data capture view: The user would fill this in and press submit

View 2: Approval capture view: Approver would complete the details then Approve, Reject or Rework.

Both views are on one form. View 2 is hidden and disabled, what I would prefer to happen is when the user presses submit the approver recieves an email with a link to the form but with View 2 enabled and visible at the bottom for him to fill in and complete an action.

I think the issue I am having is my work flow, my workflow contains the smartforms client event with the 3 actions (approve, reject and rework) coming off it. When I run the work flow according to workspace it does not error just sits at active but no approver email is sent out.

Any help would greatly be apperciated.

Martin

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi, Dunny,

I do not believe it is possible to show the form within the Email message.

You can either enable smart actions and allow the user to action via email or you can include a link to the form and action from Runtime.

Kind Regards,

MA

Badge +9

Martin

Is the issue here just that the email is not being sent? If so, check your messaging queue to see if it is getting stuck in there. If not, then you will want to check the error logs to see if the message itself is sending any errors which are preventing it from being sent.

Ian

Badge +4

Good morning,

Sorry I meant sending the link via email what happens is after the the original form is submitted it does nothing, but according to workspace the workflow has been started and just active. I think it is an issue with who and how I am sending it to the next user, I am using the destinitation user setting within K2 studio.

I can push it on to the next step (which is just an email event) which works just this initial step.

Thanks,
Martin