jblatham
Nintex Observer

Set Field not showing appropriate fields

Jump to solution

I have a SharePoint form library created with Microsoft InfoPath 2013 that's been published to my SharePoint site.  We've manually worked with the forms for a little while, but I'm now seeking to add process automation with Nintex.

When I configure either "Set field value" or "Update item", the fields I created in the InfoPath form and pulled in as SharePoint columns when the form was published don't show up.  The only fields listed for "Current Item" are Content Type, Name, and Title. 

However, when using Update Item, if I do a query within my form library instead of just using Current Item, it will pull in all the appropriate fields, but I've had some problems with the queries also, so I'd rather just be able to use the Current Item.

I feel like I'm missing something really basic... like Nintex doesn't know that the workflow is scoped to the specific type of form in this form library.  Any advice on how to get the other fields to show up in the drop down?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jblatham
Nintex Observer

Re: Set Field not showing appropriate fields

Jump to solution

Not sure why I was unable to find the below thread in related posts before I posted this one, but it looks like the InfoPath promotion doesn't quite work, and the two options I have are to update via XML or to start over using a list instead of using a Form Library.

Although we've been working with it, there's not a ton of data in the library yet, so I think re-entering things manually in the custom list and then designing the workflow around it to be simpler is probably the way to go rather than working with InfoPath and trying to write XML queries to update the custom fields.

Anyone stumbling onto this link should go here:
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Set-Field-Value/td-p/17140

View solution in original post

0 Kudos