Need Assistance with a Site Workflow

Badge +3

I have a sharepoint library where i need to copy the documents with its metadata to FileNet. Initially the requirement was to copy the documents to Filenet based on couple of conditions, so i have developed a workflow using "call a webservice" action and it worked fine. And now the requirement has changed and i need to schedule this workflow every 6 months

Eg: If the "Employee Joining year" = 2018 then the document should be copied to FileNet in 2021 (I.e 3 years)

1. Is this achievable by library workflow or do i need to go with site workflow?

2. How do i calculate the date condition?

3. How to loop multiple documents and copy?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

site workflow is more suitable for this task

see this blog how to approach the task - https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Site-Workflow-Document-Review-Date-Approaching-Reminders/ba-p/79279?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&q=site%20workflow%20remonder&search_type=thread

Badge +3

Emha,

Thanks for the response it really helped me alot. But i am trying to fix couple of issues in my workflow

1. The "Employee Joining year" is a choice datatype in the library and " calculate date" action in the workflow is a "DateTime" (I have created a variable of date and time to store the date)  - The workflow is throwing an error as it cannot store the string value in varible which is of "date and time" type

2. I have sub-folders in the document library (which consists of files in it). Does the site workflow runs on the files in a folder?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. I guess "Employee Joining year" contains numeric options, like 2018, 2019, 2020 ...

then you will need to use cnvert value action to make a DateTime value out of that, eg.

1118iA102B26F5ADF0DF2.jpg

2. that's matter of Query list action configuration - there is a 'Recursive' checkbox, if you set it on the action returns items from all the subfolders

Badge +3

Emha,

Yes, "Employee Joining year" contains numeric options, like 2018, 2019, 2020. I have used the covert value action and confused where exactly i should use my datetime variable that i created  in the workflow

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

input = value, variable or expression which you want to convert to other datatype

store result in = workflow variable where converted value will be stored to

see documentation - https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.ConvertValue.htm%3FTocPath%3DWorkflow%2520Actions%7C_____17