Multiple Destinations

• 20 February 2007
  • 7 replies

Badge +8
What about seperating each task into a parallel activity? You could then use the preceding rule of the next activity to make sure that all the previous activites were completed before moving on.

-Eric

7 replies

Badge
I have a DestinationRule, as follows, which sets multiple destinations ,a slot is created for each destination. The process works fine for unique destinations but we have a situation where a user may have to receive multiple activities which he needs to complete before the process continues. K2 seems to remove any duplicate destination.

Any Ideas ?

e.g.
public void Main(ref DestinationRuleContext K2) {

SourceCode.K2Utilities.DSHelper oDSH = new SourceCode.K2Utilities.DSHelper(SourceCode.K2Utilities.DSHelper.DSHelperNewOptionsEnum.DefaultLDAPDomain);
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry oDEManager;
string sManager;
bool bAllTrue = true;
CDest1 oDest1 = new CDest1();
oDest1.Main(ref K2);
if (oDest1.IsSuccess == true) {
//== sendto
K2.Destinations.Add(DestinationType.User, "DEVUSER1");
K2.Destinations.Add(DestinationType.User, "DEVUSER1");
K2.Destinations.Add(DestinationType.User, "DEVUSER2");

if (bAllTrue == false) return;
}
}

// Destination Classes

private class CDest1 {
public bool IsSuccess = false;

public void Main(ref DestinationRuleContext K2) {
this.IsSuccess = true;
}

}
Badge +13
Why would you want the user to receive the same activity more than once?

Yes K2 does remove duplicate destination (which I find helpful).

Or are you saying the succeeding rule to check for all completed slots is not working because of the removal of duplicate destination?
Badge
The user is required to complete very different actions within our custom application dependent on the ActivityInstance Datafields, therefore we MUST be able to allocate multiple ActivityInstances to the same user with different Datafield values.
Badge
Thanks All for your replies, but as always the business requirements have changed slightly so the need for the Multiple activities for the same person has been removed. BUT :wink: you never know it may come back...
Badge +5

On the same note, is there a way to manually remove a destination user? I'm doing an escalation to the manager - if the manager gets termed a new manager replaces the old manager and their email gets disabled.  Doing the Add allows me to add the new manager but I need to remove the old manager since the email is no longer valid. 

Thanks,

Vinny

Badge
I am facing same problem??? did you get any clue?
Badge
I am facing the same problem now.. Did you get any clue?