Flexi Task assigned to a Distribution List

Badge +9

I have a Flexi Task I tried to assign to a Distribution List.  When I put in the Distribution List (DL) for the Assignees field it finds the DL on the AD and it displays the name of the DL properly.  However, as soon as I hit save and go back into the FlexiTask the Assignee is all garbage.  It shows C:0+.w|s-1 and then a bunch of numbers...

Can I not assign a DL to the Assignee.

My goal was to send the Task to the DL and anyone could complete.  

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what platform and version are you on?

similar issues seems to be fixed in January release for NW2010

• When using a distribution list in the from-field of an email the SID is displayed and not its email address (56147)
Badge +9

sharepoint 2013 enterprise 

Nintex WF 2013

v 3.1.4.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

for NW2013 it as well seems to be fixed with January release, ie. version 3.2.1.0

When using a distribution list in the from-field of an email the SID is displayed and not its email address (56147)

so, obviously you need to upgrade

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

converted from discussion to question.

Badge +11

But it says "When using a distribution list in the from-field". The cause of the issue maybe the same but the release notes seem to be inadequately at this point.

However, have you tried to start the workflow ? Does it work though?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

of course it might be completelly different reason.

however, they are the same type of fields and if one have issues the other will likely have it as well. I remember I have seen similar question risen for assignee field.

from my experience, release notes captions usually do not describe the issue into very details

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I'm having the same issue.  We are on NW 2013 v 3.2.3.2.  I don't see anything in the 2 releases since this that have this marked as a fixed item.  

Badge +1

i am having an issue with DL as well: Flexitasks assigned to a list are not accessible for the members. they get notifications about flexitasks, but are not able to work on that items.

any ideas?