Solved

Send email to a specific job title within a specific department SharePoint 2016/Nintex

Badge +3

This is probably easy to do but I can't figure it out.

Let's say I have job titles: Job I, Job II, Job III in a Department I. What would my workflow look like if I needed to send an email (when a task created) to just Job III in a Department I

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 12 June 2021, 01:48

View original

7 replies

Badge +12

@imflowers ....I'm guessing your Department is a SharePoint column and Job Title 1, 2, 3,... are the values. All you need to do is instead of putting the hard code value of Job Title...you insert Deptartment from the item property.

Badge +7

@imflowers, if I understand what you are trying to accomplish, I assume there is a condition which determines the associated job, and department?  You could accomplish this in many ways: you could create a reference list, which includes the condition field, with the resulting Job name and department, and include a lookup to the condition field, then use a switch action to assign your email notification via that list.  You could set conditions in the workflow, that define the Job and department.  I will be happy to help you, if you want to share more details.

Badge +3

Thank you for your reply @kunalpatel  and @efarley ! I am trying to get this data from a SharePoint Group. I have not done this before and I can't find any step-by-step tutorials (I am also not a developer). Thank you!

Badge +12

@imflowers using query user profiles get the user's information and then put your assign task action inside Run If action. Using AND operator put your two condition if job workflow variable = Job III AND department workflow variable is Dept. I 

Badge +7

@imflowers, if you have an active support contract for Nintex, you should be able to access Nintex University.  There are some tutorials there: https://learn.nintex.com/ [go.nintex.com]

Badge +3

Thank you @kunalpatel. How do I query a SharePoint group? I only have Organizations and AD as options. 

Badge +12

@imflowers try to build follow steps:

1. Using Call Web Service, get the members from the SharePoint group and store it in a collection variable

2. Using for loop get each member

1. Inside for loop add Query User Profile action(s) and get all the information you need

2. Add Run If and if conditions are met then send email. 

Remember that the loop will not move further if the task is not yet completed. So I'll suggest you create a new workflow that will create the task only.