K2 Appit: Workflow Copy & Paste

• 11 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Is there a function to copy and paste workflow items?

Example: I have a workflow email that is to be sent in two different sceanerios within my workflwo path. I would like to copy and paste rather than have to recreate.

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi @EMW,

Yes there is. First hold down the left mouse button and drag the box over the node(s) that you want to copy. Selected nodes should be highlighted with a green outline. When you release the mouse button if you have nodes selected a little menu pops up, select copy. Next go to do the node you want the copyied node(s) to follow and select the outcome options and add an outcome (which will create an empty node). Then right click the empty node and select paste. This should add all the nodes that you copied to the path that it was copied into.

Another option which may or may not work depending on your situation is to simply have multiple outcomes lead to the same node. If for instance the same email gets sent to the same recipient(s) in two different paths then you are able to have the different nodes lead to the same email event outcome. You can configure this by selecting the 'Workflow Step Outcomes' option in the top right corner when highlighting a node and selecting where the outcome leads to in the drop down under the 'Linked To' column. 

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Badge +1

That worked perfectly!

Thank you so much for the help and those hours of work back.