Create item For Each actions 400 limit

• 5 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I call a web service and try to create a personnel list. I have totally 860 persons after 400 my workflow give error and stop.

I have for each action and collect date from Web Service. I try to put wait for 1 minute it took 860 minutes.

How can I create my list and daily clear list and create again.

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Are you making the web service call for each of the 860 people - sounds liek it? Are you able to make one call at the start, prior to the for each to gather all the data and then extract the detail out of the returned xml within the for each?

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Hello Mark,

I call web service just one time and collect person data with variables.

Then I run For each for personId It write my list person name, Phone etc.. only 400 person then give error.

Thanks.

Badge +5

Hi tasSerdar.

Any more info you can provide on your error? In the past i had done similar list cleanup/repopulate work using nintex workflow, following are some of the issues/notes i remembered:

-  "Delete Mutiple Items" and "Commit pending changes" worked very well with deleting everything in a list

-  Column type mismatch when creating/updating items

-  "Log in history" helps diagnosing and identifying exactly where and what has gone wrong

Hope this helps.

Badge +2

Hello tasSerdar Ak,

do you use the Create item action in a For each loop?

If so, please try to add a Commit pending changes action after the Create item, as you dont necessarily need the Pause action.

Here is some information regarding the Commit pending changes action:

Designing your Workflow - Commit Pending Changes Action NW2010 & NW2013

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

An additional suggestion could be to put a pause inside the loop action based on the iteration index, so you can pause every 200/300 iterations.

Giacomo

Badge +3

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. It is working now after Pause action.