Jastheman
Canvas Initiate

Send an email to a Sharepoint list column records

Hi All,

I am pretty brand new in using Nintex and i am pretty sure that I need some basic help. I want to create a simple workflow in sharepoint where an email notification is sent to each individual item in a [work email] column on my list. My list only has 4 columns and I only need the work email column. the issue is that I can't seem to trigger the workflow regardless of what I configure in the workflow settings. the only condition I have set, is to only send to non empty rows. i have also enabled the start when items are created option. Still no notification is sent, even to me the initiator.

Would anybody be able to help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Send an email to a Sharepoint list column records

Can SharePoint send emails?
If you use just a Send Notification action with a hardcoded email address it is received?
Is an email received if you sue a SharePoint designer workflow?
0 Kudos
Jastheman
Canvas Initiate

Hi Simon,

That is what I am trying to achieve, i want Sharepoint to send emails to every address that is within the [work email] colums. so I have used that column as a reference in the "To" field.

The issue I have is that I can't manage to trigger the workflow to send these emails out to each individual and I have run out of ideas on how to configure this.

0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

@Jastheman .....did you check the workflow settings, what triggers the workflow? If when created and when modified is no then it won't get trigger. It do needs in what situation you want to trigger the workflow.

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

I think we would need to see the ULS logs to see why new items created are not triggering the workflow.
0 Kudos