Solved

Send alert on matching the due date

• 4 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

I want to send an alert  when the Due Date is reached, i.e. Due Date = Today Date.

I do not have any task assign here. In sharepoint i will have column called due date and it will be filled with some future date. so when that date is equals to todays date and email notofication should go to the person.

How to achive this?

Thanks in advance

Hema

icon

Best answer by chanteldup 4 March 2019, 14:54

View original

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Do you want the Workflow to pause until the due date is reached or do you want a Workflow to start when the due date is reached?

Badge +6

i want to start a workflow when the due date is reached.

Badge +6

Is your environment O365 or on-prem?
The last I knew of Nintex online did not have a Scheduled Workflow option, for on prem though I would create a Site Workflow that runs on a daily schedule to check the due date of your list items, then capture the ID's of the items where due date = (today) in a collection variable, then inside a loop send an email to whomever for each item, assuming you are sending the email to the item creator you'll also need to look up the created by field (and for that matter any other column information you wish to include on the email) for the item, store it in a variable and use in the to field in the send email action.  

Badge +6
Our environment is on-prem. i will check your solution.
Thank you chanteldup

Hello, do you have an example of what the workflow looks like to do this?

Hola que tal, puede mostrar como se veria el flujo? y ademas tengo un pequeño detalle al configurar ya que no se como se llama el valor del item para poder configurar y decir que cuando sea igual a mi variable mande el alerta, por favor una ayuda!
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Hola, por favor publique sus preguntas en inglés.