Workflow descriptions removed when publishing, known bug?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Our company recently upgraded to Nintex Workflow 2013 version 3.1.10.0.  Now I'm noticing then when I go to publish a change to workflow, if I had a description saved for that workflow, it get's removed.  It looks like when you click the button to "Publish", that the form that launches doesn't bring up the existing description.  The field is blank.  So unless you retype the description, when you click to publish, the blank description now overwrites the existing description.  Is this a known bug with this version, or is it possibly just an issue in our environment?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you think this is a PER version field? So if you open a previous version, will the description be set?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Doesn't appear to be.  When I open up previous versions, it shows me the current description each time.  

Badge +2

Hi Brendan, I'm seeing the same symptom.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Paul, how large of an environment are you in?  I ask because my admins have come back and said that the issue is because of an SQL timeout due to a large db, which they are trying to cleanup.  I don't know if that makes much sense to me in this scenario though. 

Badge +2

Hi Brendan,

We have a large SharePoint site with several sites running Nintex workflows. Do you have a work around for this issue?

Regards,

Paul Cahill

Business Applications APAC

Enterprise Systems Operations

Technology | Operations and Infrastructure

paul.b.cahill@bhpbilliton.com<mailto:paul.b.cahill@bhpbilliton.com>

T +61 8 6321 4643

M 61 414<tel:61%20422%20676%20177> 888 141

125 St Georges Terrace<x-apple-data-detectors://2/3>

Perth WA 6000 Australia<x-apple-data-detectors://2/3>

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Only workaround I have is I go to workflow settings and copy the description, then paste it into the description area when publishing any changes. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I ended up sending this to Nintex Support.  They were able to replicate the issue and they logged it as a bug.  

Badge +3

Does anyone know where issues like these can be tracked or shown where the known issues are being tracked? I want to follow this issue until it is resolved.

Thanks! Richard

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As far as I understand it, known issues that are found during Support inquiries are tracked internally and released. Other identified issues that are brought up via UserVoice are tracked on that site more publicly updated.

For this, we just keep asking ‌ how his day is and if he heard back from support! happy.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I'm with ‌.  I wish there was a more transparency on the known current issues and there status. 

Badge +7

Oh good, I thought it was just me. happy.png

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

The customer I work for just upgraded to Nintex Workflow 2013 v3.2.2.10 - English and this bug is still there. Quite annoying to have to copy/paste the description everytime you publish the workflow.... Any idea when this will be fixed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I sent an email to support to see if they could give a status.  As I said in my other post, I wish they were more transparent.  I'll let you know if I here anything back.  Personally I'd recommend logging another support ticket with them.  As the old saying goes, the squeaky wheel get's oiled. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I received word from support that the fix is slated for the next release.  No date on when that will be exactly just yet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

A new release was published today, and this is listed as one of the bugs fixed in it.  Nintex Workflow 2013 - Release Notes