sachin_jagtap
Scholar

Send Notification Task Email address Issue.

Hi Team,

I am using Nintex workflow, In Send Notificaiton Action when I want add email it ask me a valid user from Active Directory. I wan to send email to Distribution list or email address which is not having any active directory user.  I also tried to use external email but its also not working. Can you please help me on how to do this in Nintex.

When I put the email address which is not having AD account my workflow through below error.

Failed to send notification. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: principal

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cassymfreeman

Re: Send Notification Task Email address Issue.

Can you create a variable with a default value of the external email address you want

EmailVariable.PNG

and configure the send notification to send that variable using the address book and "lookup" to find the variable.

Sendnotification.PNG

0 Kudos
sachin_jagtap
Scholar

I tried this but it throws the same exception.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

I'm assuming your variable is called "principal"?

have you checked with the farm admins that you are allowed to send emails external to your organisation?

0 Kudos
sachin_jagtap
Scholar

I am Farm Administrator and I am allowed to send emails external to my organization. But I am not sending email to outside of my organization. Please see the below screenshot of my variable which I created. Value of my variable is internal email id and the only thing is that email is not associated with any AD account and that's why I am getting this exception.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

Hmm that is a wonder. I will have a look on Monday when I get back to my machine if you don't get an answer before then.

have a nice weekend

0 Kudos
sachin_jagtap
Scholar

Thanks. Have a nice weekend!!!

Not applicable

Hi Sachin,

If the email you are using is not associated with any AD account user & this email address belong to one of your organization employee, this should be problem with sharepoint not with nintex. There should be sync problem with sharepoint. Log this with sharpeoint & Request support from sharepoint

I think following should help you, i got almost similar issue couple of months back, took help of sharpeoint guys to come in house & fix it.

select people and Groups doesn't show current email address of the users

Hope this helps you to fix your issue

0 Kudos