Solved

Search ALL Libraries on a sharepoint and copy item if...

• 22 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear Community!

I'ld like to implement a site workflow, which

- searches all libraries of a sharepoint for items which are

1. saved in a specific folder (e.g. ".../checkedIn/filename.xlsx") and
  2. are not older than 15 minutes 

- Each Item should be copied to a separate library, where those new files wait for further handling. 

The "checkedIn"-Folders can appear several times in each library and the process has to catch them all.

Someone did this before? Espacially searching all libraries instead of one library seems to be a problem. But perhaps it is not... 

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Michel 22 January 2021, 11:34

View original

3 replies

Badge +7
Hi Axt,

How many libraries do you want to query? Instead of executing a query that collects all libraries at once, I would suggest, if that suits your needs, to create 'Query List'-action per Library and store the results in a collection. Limiting a query per library reduces the load on the SharePoint environment significantly. After each query is executed, combine the results in one single collection as an output.

Let me know if this works for you.
Hi Michel,
tanks for quick reply. There are 10 libraries, which could get more. I´ll just have to remember to duplicate the workflow in case there`s need for a new library. I`ll try it that way and let you now, if it worked out.
Badge +7

You can incorporate all 'Query list' actions in one single workflow. My guess is that you can even put the 'Query list'-action in a loop, just like below.

• Create a collection which contains all names/unique IDs of the document libraries

• For each item (library) in the collection, query the list. Use the name of the list in the Query (CAML?)

That enables you to, when a library is added or removed, you simply just need to adjust first collection and you're all set.