Solved

Scheduled Workflows Failed On Start

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

SharePoint 2013

Client Installed July SharePoint CU and nothing related to Nintex worked.  They then uninstalled the CU and workflows could then be published and started.  

But ever since, scheduled workflows are producing Failed on Start error.  I added the int64 entries into the config files, but that didn't resolve the issue.  I tried re-publishing the workflow, recreating the schedule, uninstall and re-install the Schedule Workflow timer job, but the issue persists.

I'm out of ideas so hoping someone can assist.  I'll provide more information if needed.

Here is the ULS entries when it tries to start via scheduler:

09/16/2021 09:05:21.01 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x3160) 0x21FC SharePoint Foundation

Legacy Workflow Infrastructure 72fs Unexpected

RunWorkflow: System.InvalidOperationException: This feature has been temporarily disabled.

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPNoCodeXomlCompiler.CompileBytes(Byte[] xomlBytes, Byte[] rulesBytes, Boolean doTestCompilation, String assemblyName, SPWeb web, Boolean forceNewAppDomain)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPNoCodeXomlCompiler.LoadXomlAssembly(SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWeb web)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOeHostServices.LoadDeclarativeAssembly(SPWorkflowAssociation association, Boolean fallback)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOeHostServices.CreateInstance(SPWorkflow workflow)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOeEngine.RunWorkflow(SPWorkflowHostService host, SPWorkflow workflow, Collection`1 events, TimeSpan timeOut)

at MicrosoftSharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.RunWorkflowElev(SPWorkflow workflow, Collection`1 events, SPWorkflowRunOptionsInternal runOptions) 

icon

Best answer by cthury 16 September 2021, 18:14

View original

1 reply

RESOLVED - I opened a case with Nintex Support and they directed me to the solution.

They instructed to copy ALL the authorizedTypes in the targetFx node FROM the web.config in C:inetpubwwwrootwssVirtualDirectories{port] directory TO the OWSTimer.EXE.config file located at C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedWeb Server Extensions15BIN

The entries to copy and paste are in this XML node that lives in both config files.

<System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompiler>
      <authorizedTypes>
         <targetFx version="v4.0">

{all of these suthorizedTypes}

</targetFx>