Error - The request failed with http status 401: authorized

Badge +1
I have encountered an error message from k2.net service manager after I have clicked on the k2 task panel's submit button in a infopath form. Does anyone know which folder or service do I need to give access rights to?

The error message is:
Error item name - Infopath event
Error type - clientevent
description - The request failed with http status 401: authorized

System enviroment:
Sharepoint 2003 server on server A joined domain B
k2.net server on server B joined domain B
win2k client pc joined domain B

many thanks,
Jonah

3 replies

Badge +11
You will most probably have to enable Kerberos authentication. Please refer to KB article #123.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi Ockert,
Thanks for your prompt reply and help. I have selected Kerberos authentication in the K2.net studio under the project->properties->export server->security package but I still encountered the same error message.

With your knowledge on K2.net, what do you think are the problem and the setting I need to set to rectify this error message? May I know where can I find KB article #123? I really have no clue on how to resolve this error and appreciate if you can help on this.

Many thanks,
Jonah
Badge +1
Hi Ockert,
I have selected Kerberos authentication in the K2.net server registeration properties for the security package but I still encountered the same error message.

After some triad and error, I noticed the error only surfaced when I choose "Intergration with sharepoint" and specify "shared document" in sharepoint under the event details of the infopath event. However, the error will not surfaced again when I choose "Save to File" and specify the file location and URL under the event details of the infopath event.

So I guess the unauthorized error lies on the permission of the shared document and I assign "sharepoint's administrator rights" in sharepoint for the "Logon on as" user account which I have set on the k2.net service account in the k2.net server manager. However, I still faced the same unauthorized error message.

How can I solve this unauthorized error message? What is the purpose of storing this infopath form in the shared document or folder? Is it possible to hide it from user?

Many thanks,
Jonah