Can We Trigger Out Of Box Approval Workflow from a K2 Process

• 10 December 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Can we trigger an out of box Approval Workflow in sharepoint from within a K2 process. Perhaps we cannot. I tried the IPC event as a substitute, but now I have a new problem. First process's activity triggers the second process, but the second process shows error in the Error Logs section as GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes. The IPC is in synchronous mode, so it is stuck up there. Please help.

1 reply

Badge +1

I don't see why is it not possible to trigger out-of-the-box approval workflow in SharePoint via K2.

What I would do is to configure my SharePoint workflow on a list or library to - Start on New Item Created - and then use a SharePoint List Item Event to create a new item on the list or library, effectivey kicking off a new SharePoint workflow automatically (on SharePoint's end).

The same could also be applied on existing items via the editing of seletected metadata via the K2 SharePoint List Item Event.

Keep in mind that an IPC is used to trigger other K2 processes and not SharePoint workflows. Please raise a new post if this is a separate question.