Nintex Workflow Delegation

• 12 March 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +11

I just found this little feature by accident and thought it would be helpful. If you are on a SharePoint site do the following:

• In the upper right hand corner, click on your name
  • Click on 'Nintex Workflow 2010 Settings'
  • Click on 'Task Delegation'

This allows you to delegate any tasks assigned to you to someone else during a specific date range. This is useful if you are going to be on vacation, travel, etc. I didn't even realized this was there. I guess because I don't normally click on my name. This option also exists for sub sites.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Additionally a Site a collection administrator can delegate for another users.

Another way to delegate is by designing it on your workflow. There is an action named "Delegate..." so as to delegate a specific task.

Take a look at the Nintex Workflow Guide for details.

Badge +11

Yes, you can design it in your workflow....but there have been quite a few people who have approached me about delegating without changing the workflow and without terminating it.

Badge +11

Sorry but I am confused here. Does this have anything to do with delegating tasks?

Badge +8

Be aware that workflow delegation should also be allowed in your Nintex Workflow Management settings in Central Administration ;-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Nice tip!

Badge +11

There are times when a regular user (not admin, site collection admin or owner) would like to make this change when being out. I just thought it was nice that it was available to them.

Badge +11

You should create a question. This is simply a discussion about delegation.

Badge +9

if anyone is looking for a delete button and can't find it:

You have to click the Task delegated to name and in the following dialog the delegation can deleted.