When will we see Nintex workflows running on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager

• 15 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello

When will we see Nintex workflows running on the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Manager?

Is there any update to this post : https://community.nintex.com/message/10060#comment-10060

Thanks

Phil

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Phil,

I think that's always on the radar, but I don't believe there are any near term plans for it.

May I ask why you'd want that over the existing workflow engine that is being used?

Vadim

Badge +9

Hi ‌,

About performance issues, maybe.

As you surely know, Workflow Manager is running on its own server and does not use resources from the server on which the UI is running.

Regards,

Christophe

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Christophe,

I don't disagree with you.  I think that product managers would need more information, other than, the workflows would run on another server.  When considering such a drastic change to the fundamental structure of the software, for one customer, it might make sense, for another, it would mean a bigger investment into more hardware, maintenance and support of that hardware etc.

If I was a product manager (and I'm not happy.png ), I would be interested in learning how many workflows you are looking at running every month, and exactly what those workflows do, since the current SharePoint workflow engine isn't providing the type of performance that you need.

Then as a product manager, I would be in a better position to guide the direction of the software.

cheers,

Vadim