k2 process not intiating on Item added event

Badge +1

Hi All,

Workflow is not starting on list item added event for sharepoint 2013, please help me if there is any additional steps to be done

workflow is initiating for all remaining events like item updated/item deleted etc.. 

thanks,

Vijay

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi Vijay,

Would you please go to workspace and  have look at the View Flow in the Worklist actions. This will show where the workflow is having a error. Also are you using a SharePoint List Item Event  from the SharePoint 2010 events category in your workflow?

Regards,

Yannick

Badge +1

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for reply, 

I am using k2 application for list, In the designer i  designed simple workflow and selected the option Start the workflow when an item was added.that is not logging any errors and not at all starting the workflow when new item is added to the list

Thanks,

Vijay

Badge +7

Good day 

Could you please check if the K2 Designer for SharePoint Menu Item Feature has been activated.

In sharepoint>List tools>List (K2 workflow - icon)

If this feature has not being activiated then you would need to activate it first and try to run the application again.

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +1

Hi Nelly,

yes k2 for sharepoint app is activated .

thanks,

Vijay

Badge +4

Hi vchandra,

Check that you have the necessary permissions to start a workflow.

Please have a look at the following documentation showing the required permissions for when and what you need to do:

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlgettingstarted4.6.7/webframe.html#permissions.html

Here is a line from the documentation regarding the permissions required to start the workflow:

SharePoint Workflow Integration

Start a workflow

Contributor on the list or library

Start rights on the Process

N/A

Hope this helps

Regards

Quintin