How to find the correct selector for a field inside repeating section

• 8 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hello,

I have a form with a repeating section. I described in this thread that inside of this section is a field that I would like to format as a currency field. It seems to be difficult. So I think I have to use a Javascript and format that field when a "onblur" event is fired.
On another form I have a similar case and there we used a CSS Class "clsEuroFormat" defined at a single line textfield in the settings Formatting -> Control CSS class. The corresponding Javascript file contain this working function:

function:"$(document).on("blur", ".clsEuroFormat", function () {
            /* call a function e.g.  formatCurrency(this); */
            });

Following this example I definded a similar class for the field in the repeating section. But the event "onblur" is not fired when leaving the field.

My problem at this point is that I have not found out how to define correctly the selector (the blue colored string in the code above) and I don't know the reason. May be one part of the reason is that the field is inside the repeating section. Have I described it clearly so that you can understand my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Martin

1 reply

Badge +3

Hello again,

now I got it working.

I was working with a class and I missed to call the registerEvents function within that class. That was the reason the event seems not to be fired. The selector is correct at that point.

best regards

Martin