forms 2010 lookup control - refreshed data missing from form

Badge +11

Hi

I have a sharepoint list that is refreshed daily with updated data.

I'm using Nintex forms on Sharepoint 2010. I have a form with a List Lookup control which accesses the list being refreshed. It is getting a list of locations.

Although the form's sharepoint list retains the Location value after the locations lookup list is refreshed with the most up to date locations list, the location disappears out of the form itself after the other location list refreshes. Why would that be?

Location displaying in list:

186127_pastedImage_0.png

Location missing out of form:

186134_pastedImage_1.png

thanks

Joanne

7 replies

Badge +8

While refreshing the list, check if any existing values are not removed?

Badge +11

They're not removed from the lookup list, however i have a flag to mark them active or inactive. So that only active items show in the lookup drop down.  I would have hoped that by leaving them in the list would have been enough. However as they go inactive, they disappear out of the forms while staying in the list. 

Badge +8

Yes, then it is better to remove the flag dependency and provide all the items to show in the lookup drop down.

Badge +11

of course! but that does not suit my requirements. Basically the lookup is working 'as designed' by the sounds of it. 

Badge +8

Can you please share the details of how the list data is refreshed and also the usage of IsActive field implementation? 

Badge +10

you can show and hide controls based on the requirement or just use a text box to display the data

Badge +7

Hi Joanne,

I had to do something similar to your requirements.

To achieve this, I've duplicated the control :

- the first one used in the new form (based on a conditional visiblity) and set with the filters

- the second one in the other forms (based on a conditional visiblity) with no filter but set always on "Display" mode (in the advanced section of the control).

Hope it helps happy.png