Solved

SQL Request problem - SQL query goes over some tables (join) and references at another control.

• 9 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Dear Community,

I like to use the control "SQL Request". So far it works...  However when I save the form and open it again I get following message (see attachment: Attention required.jpg).

The message: "Attention Required. Please note: This value has been updated outside of the form."

196814_pastedImage_5.png

This only appears in control where the SQL query references at another control and where many tables are concerned (inner join).

SELECT distinct DEPARTMENT.ID, DEPARTMENT.Name
 FROM [BlaserAppSupport].[dbo].[HR_ORG_CODESYSTEM], [BlaserAppSupport].[dbo].DEPARTMENT, [BlaserAppSupport].[dbo].COMPANY
 where COMPANY.ID = HR_ORG_CODESYSTEM.COMPANY_ID
 and DEPARTMENT.ID = HR_ORG_CODESYSTEM.DEPARTMENT_ID
and Company.ID = Company

The value and the id are connected to the correct fields. Everything works like it should. Only the form does not take the values.

Does somebody know this problem (bug)? If yes I would greatly appreciate any help or inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

icon

Best answer by labasmuse 9 December 2016, 13:49

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

Now I found out that the control in the sql query is  not the problem. The problem results because of joining some tables.

Badge +4

Everything works when the control name and the colum name (text connected to...) are different!!!

I used the same name for the control and for the text column and that caused the problem.

I am having the same issue, I have tried rename the control name, change the value fieldname, rename text connected to name, nothing work. I then set the ID connected to field name, and it works.

@hing1129 This works for me. Thank you!