Unable to connect with Webservices Through Smartobject Tester

• 29 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

HI ,

I have created a WCF webservice and hosted in Endpoint Webservices ,

I generated the smartobject using the tester tool itself and tried testing a simple method which takes string and recieves a string .

But unfortunately on executing the method it gives Timout error !!

The same service method works fine in visual studion service tester .

Please help , Not sure what else I need to run the service. 

5 replies

Badge +5

Hi, Badtaher

I would suggest you try to increase the timeout to a web service request, and see if that helps.

To do so please see the following link below:

How to increase the timeout to a web service request?

(Note: The above link is not supported by k2, is from an external source)

Regards

Julia

Badge +1

HI ,

Its not an issue of Timout error , I feel there some issue related to K2 smartobject invoking that webservice .

Not sure if anything spscific is required to invoke the webservice.

Taher

Badge +5

Hi, Badtaher

Can you please upload screenshots of the error, as this will help us investigate further regarding this issue.

King Regards

Julia

Badge +7

Hello

This might be due to that you are trying to retrieve large volumes of SmartObject definitions using the BrokerManagement.exe or modifying SmartObjects from K2 Workspace, timeout errors occur. This is due to the Broker Tool   experiencing a time out after approximately 30 seconds and the SQL query requiring a longer period to execute on a large SmartBroker database. 

Please have a look at the following document to see if it will not resolve the issue you are facing:http://help.k2.com/kb001204

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +1

HI,

I have progress with my investigation slightly , When I change my webservice to basicHttp then the data transaction happens smoothly but the same webservice doesnt work when hosted as wsHttp and gives Timeout error and on Debugging the breakpoint doesnt even come to the requested method . Not sure what additional details are needed to be passes to access the wsHttp webservice .

Also in our organization we have to connect webservice through ESB and getting the same Timeout error . Is there any additional details needed to be passed ?

Waiting for your response ,

Taher