Sharepoint External data column as dropdown list in Nintex forms?

• 23 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am new to Nintex . I have 3 sharepoint external data columns which i am connecting to a external database.

My requirement is to show the external data columns in my Nintex form as dropdown list. Also I want to filter the dropdown lists according to parent selection.

eg: I have 3 external data columns Department, Section, Services.

When i select the department only sections under that department should be loaded in section dropdown.

same in the case of services. when i select a section only those services which is under that section should be loaded.

I tried to load the department external data column in nintex form but when i change the type of control from default to dropdown the data is not getting loaded.

If its difficult to explain please give me some links from which i can understand the solution for this requirements.

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

try the steps mentioned in below link:

External Data Column Control - Drop down list 

Badge +4

Where i can get this Read List property in External Data column?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I don't think that actually External Data column support filtering, in order to have only a subset of data available in the dropdown..if you are using Nintex Forms Enterprise, you could use instead a SQL Request control, where you can specify which query you want to execute (and you can specify in it a Named control, so you can use the value from one of the other controls in order to refine your query)