K2 4.6.9 upgrade - app deployment problem

Badge +2

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my development K2 environment form 4.6.8 to 4.6.9 . Everything was good until i tried to deploy the K2 for Sharepoint app. The first step of the wizard asks me for a K2 URL. When i specify the URL, i get an error: "Unable to connect to the K2 Environment with given URL". My K2 console throws also an error when trying to connect:
14208iB335DE3B3F432966.png

Any ideas what might be the reason?

I did not have problems like that when upgrading from 4.6.7 to 4.6.8

Cheers,

wowo3

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I assume K2 version 4.6.9 was upgraded in the following order on the K2 Server:

- K2 blackpearl 4.6.9

- K2 Smartforms 4.6.9

- K2 Smartforms Control Pack 4.6.9

- K2 for Sharepoint 4.6.9

Then appdeployment.exe (part of the "K2 for Sharepoint 4.6.9" extracted files) was ran on a Sharepoint Server.

If so, how is K2 helath in general after ugpgrade?

Does K2 Workspace load?

Does K2 Designer load?

Is the K2 blackpearl service running correctly?

Is there multi-domain configuration in play?

Badge +4

Hi,

After checking the settings as tin said. Make sure that you have Environment variable setup properly. Check if anything has changed due to upgrade. I used to have issue with Environment library as upgrade modified some of my environment variable to K2 Denallix(K2 example domain).

In your case it looks like you have more issue with upgrade sequence. do the upgrade as K2 has mentioned in the published documents(4.6.9).

Badge +2

Hello,

I did the upgrade as the official instructions say, so this shouldn be the issue. The designer and workspace are upgraded and working fine. Environmental fields also looks correct. There is only one domain

Cheers,

wowo3

Badge +8

wowo3,

Did you find out what the issue was in regards to this error?

Thanks,
David

Badge +2

Unfortunately not.

cheers,

W

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Is this also an K2 on premise and Sharepoint 2013 on premise installation?

If so,  when adding the app to the site, please use the "From Your Organization" category.

Badge +2

Hello,

The problem occurs when Im trying to deploy the app to the App catalog (with the K2 wizard), not for the SP site. 

cheers,

W