Update Document Activity creating corrupted Documents

• 14 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi, I am building a Workflow for the approval of credit Applications, once all approvals are done I capture all the relevant info into a document template to generate an Approval letter which is sent to the Client. For this I am using the Update Document Action which creates the document in the desired Library. I am unable to open the document however, it seems to be getting corrupted somewhere in the process. Has anyone encountered this before and how do I fix it? 

Document Created Successfully:

213873_pastedImage_4.png

Error When trying to open:

213870_pastedImage_1.png

213871_pastedImage_2.png

Snippet from my word Template:

213872_pastedImage_3.png

3 replies

Badge +16

Do you have Document Generation available to you?  that will insert data into a word template for you and convert to PDF all in one?  Should be part of your subscription license?

Badge +6

Hi Cassy, thank you for the reply and thanks for the article you wrote on using a template for Update document, I'd still be stuck if not for that!
I did look at Document generation as a first option but got stuck with the Table Data, I'm not inserting a table of data but rather content Control values in different places on the document.

213906_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +6

In case anyone else gets stuck on this and until I find a better solution here is how I resolved the problem. After much research I came across this article: Generating a document from list item - dotx vs docx  written by  which explains that  using a .dotx template causes an error with your document and you should instead use a .docx template, after that I was able to successfully create a word document which opens with no error. However trying to save the document as PDF still resulted in an error so created my document as .docx and then added a convert document action which successfully converts my document to a pdf with no errors.