Rules not working in Request Approval action form

• 20 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Greetings:

I am trying to require that an approver directed to a task form in a Request Approver action provide a comment when rejecting the item. This works fine for me in a test workflow with a simple validation rule applied to the comment box (Comments) :

Decision ==1 && isNullOrEmpty{Self} 

However, this same rule does not work in my actual workflow.  Instead, the form submits without requiring a comment. In fact, even simpler rules like equals(0,0) do not fire. My question is why this rule, or any other rule, is not working in the actual case.

I've checked the most obvious causes, such as:

• Conflicts with other rules in an embedded form (via a PageViewer control): there are none.
  • Rule errors
  • That Decision == 1 is true and and isNullOrEmpty{Self) is true (they both are true)

One possibility does occur to me: I have several Request Approver actions in this workflow on different branches of a state machine.  When I created these the workflow canvas always asked if I wanted to clone the existing action or create an independent one and I always chose to create a new one. I have *not* added any rules to the other Request Approver actions (yet) since I'm still testing but will do so when I get it right. Do I have to add the same rule to *all* instances of an action to make it work, even if they were created to be independent actions?

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Bruce

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@Jake any chance you can help out here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@baltner  Please can you contact our support team support@nintex.com who should be able to help you investigate the issues with the form rules not calling. 

I would test to see if the same issue occurs on multiple browsers and also new forms if possible.