More than one default client event on one activity

• 3 August 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi All,

Is it possible to have more than one default client event on one activity?

If so how do you move only to the next event and not to the next activity?

Thanks
Marius

2 replies

Badge +1
There is no limit to the number of client events (default or other) linked to an activity.
Events are executed sequentially (top to bottom). The process only moves on to the next Activity in the path as soon as the current Activity Completion Criteria have been met.

Before you do, however, consider:
1. It is not a good idea to have more than one client event per act, because both will be governed by the same destination rule and succeeding rule set at activity level
2. If you are using destination slots e.g. if you have 3 destination users and one slot, only one user (The same user that completed the 1st client event) will be able to action the next client event

In closing, it is often better to keep things simple not grouping too many (more than one or two - I'd say) client events together on the same activity.

Regards
L.
Badge +9

Hi All,

I kept one Client Event and one Server Mail Event in a single activity. The activity has 3 destination users. But what I found is that if one user out of 3 completes the WorkListItem , then also the Server Mail event is not getting fired. The server event is getting fired only if all the 3 users complete their respective WorklistItem.

Is it the expected output when we take one client and one Server Mail event in a single activity ?

Pls guide

Thanks and Regards