Reusing Columns Under Connected To in the Designer Form

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to design an inspection checklist where several items are "recycled" but found in different locations. If the item in question is defective, then they mark it as "Not OK" and enter the remarks. However, I noticed that every time I mark the item in one location during Preview, it also affects the answer in the same item in the other location.

How can I ensure these two have different answers if they are using the same column but are in different locations? I have seen the Repeating Section as a possible option but the problem with this is asking the user to always click on Add New to add the same fields when I intend to show all fields on the form to prevent them from missing a step. 

Sample of columns required:

22737iBFCA57B91F7AACA6.png

Office Designer:

22738i7ED472E2051E6B67.png

Meeting Room Designer:

22739i59B5687F2E40FA45.png

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @kristine_l, for your use case you will need to create a separate column on your SharePoint list for each of these controls. For example, instead of using 'Wall' for both, you would need 2 separate columns named 'OfficeWall' and 'MeetingRoomWall' that would capture the unique responses.

Hi Nicksha. Thanks for checking on this. Yes, I do realise there's the need to create one unique column for each answer but if I'm creating a very lengthy inspection checklist, I might end up with 260+ columns. 

Is it possible to have more rows instead, similar to this Excel table?