Retrieve a managed metadata column value from repeating section and copy to another list

Hello Nintex Users,

I do have a repeating section on a Nintex form that consists of a managed metadata column in it. I would like to develop a site workflow to retrieve all the repeating data including the metadata and create an item for each repeating section in list with the same metadata column (metadata column that connected to same term store). Any help/suggestions please?

Thank you in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

You'll need to use a Loop for Each as mentioned here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

What is the problem you are facing at the present time with your workflow?

Thanks for the response, @ SimonMuntz

Currently there was a column that stores the repeating data from Nintex form which includes managed term store value in it. Currently we're trying to retrieve all the repeating data into a child list. The child list taking the value of this metadata is also a metadata column (same taxonomy). While I retrieve from repeating data (from XML format) I was able to get the text value. While I try to save it in the child list in the same column that is connected to same term store (taxonomy) it's not taking, says not valid term GUID to update or create in child list. It needs all the term store properties like GUID, Label, Value and WssID. Not sure how can I get them from XML format.

Any help please?

@Frankie ,

Thanks for the response, but I'm in need to retrieve managed term set. any help on that please?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean when you say, "retrieve managed term set". Perhaps you can explain more and/or upload some screenshots.

Hi @Frankie ,

Sorry for the confusion. In simple words, I do have the label/Value of a term store and would like to retrieve all its properties like GUID, WssID..etc of a term store. Can I filter the taxonomy and with the text/string value I have and get all its properties?

Thank you 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
I would need to experiment with it. Consider contacting support to engage with a member of our Professional Services team. From there, someone can spend some 1:1 time with you to create a solution.