Nintex Long Term

Badge +3

I am currently reviewing the Nintex Products. A question I have would be is it possible to edit and maintain Nintex developed forms and workflows with InfoPath and SharePoint Designer?

Thanks,

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Infopath is coming to an end, so I don't think that is a long term option. What is your use case for managing forms in SPD?

Badge +7

You maintain Nintex forms & workflows in the browser. No need for dedicated apps. They become part of sharepoint ui when installed.

T.

Badge +8

Hi Nick,

If i understand your question correctly you want to maintain i.e. edit Nintex forms using Infopath? Then the answer may be "No" as you need Nintex designer which would be licensed (development part of your support assurance). Nintex can run without any issue but changing anything you may need designer (if that makes sense ?)

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +7

I second what the others have said. I will add, though, that Nintex Forms and Workflows are just XML so, if you truly wanted to, you would be able to modify them using any text or code editor. It would be an absolute nightmare, and I strongly suggest against doing so, but it is possible

The best solution is to simply work with them in the browser, as intended by the application.